Friday 28 August 2015

Film Review 'Blended'

This was one of those many films which I saw the cinema trailer for, and kept trying to arrange to go and see but I was always either busy, or my friends were busy or whatever, until it was no longer in the cinema or in the forefront of my head! Recently, my family were away on holiday and I had an evening to myself and nothing particular I wanted to watch so I went into the DVD rental store and saw this.


I always enjoy a good Adam Sandler comedy. I just think he's hilarious! I also love the movie '50 First Dates' which sees him star alongside Drew Barrymore, as is the case in 'Blended'.


Brief Summary: Barrymore's character is a single mum. She works as a wardrobe organiser and has no real love life to speak of. Sandler is a single father with three daughters whose wife died when they were very young. When they meet on a blind date it does not go well. However, when Barrymore's business partner and Sandler's boss (another couple) cancel their holiday with the kids in a family resort called 'blended' (a resort designed specifically for bonding time between members of non-traditional families) Sandler and Barrymore are each offered a room. What they're unaware of, is the fact that the other will be there.


The story is funny. Unbelievable, but funny. While it does end up as a romance (which I'm a sucker for!), the real charm of this film lies in the extra storylines: the teenage daughter without a mother longing to be treated like an adult and be noticed by the cute guy at their dinner table, the little kid restricted by his mother's overprotective attitude, the daughter who thinks she can talk to her invisible 'mum', the dad who think he's a dad but is never around, the funny dancing guy at the holiday resort who seems to appear out of nowhere, the list goes on...!


A very funny duo, and  a film I found myself not wanting to end! Made me kind of sad coz I watched it on the first night that my family was away and I couldn't see them for 10 days! But otherwise, a great watch!

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of this film ( I think I might need to leave the house more hehe ) but I love 50 First Dates and this sounds brilliant ! I'm also a sucker for romance and when it's a film that makes you laugh, I just cant resist ! I'm definitely going to have to watch this :) Brilliant review !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne! Definitely worth a watch, enjoy xx

      Delete