Wednesday 30 November 2016

'Blogmas' 2016!

So, I have blogged a lot less often this year than I would have liked, but that's ok. I've not given up and I'm proud of that!

The run up to Christmas has always been my favourite time of year. Not only in the materialistic sense (I hope!). I mean, yeah presents and chocolate and shopping are great, but they're not all that makes this time of year fab. I love Christmas songs and Christmas concerts, the smell of winter soup and potpourri. The cold evenings when you get inside, put the fire on and snuggle up watching TV with the family. The comfy woolly clothes and  dark nail polish colours. The frost in the air and seeing your breath. Choosing gifts and wrapping them up with ribbon, and the sparkly festive lights. Family time, laughter, hot drinks, roast dinner. Hope, magic, love.

Yup, clichรฉ as can be and I'm not going to apologise! I love winter and the festive period.

Now, this time of year also means stress, revision and exams. But recently I was reflecting on how lucky (and a little nostalgic!) I feel at this time of year, and it fuelled the creative part of my brain. I suddenly wanted to celebrate, and add a wee bit of festive spirit to these last few weeks of uni. I mean, I've never been a fan of premature Christmas chat, but as soon as December arrives you just gotta embrace it!


And so, I have decided to try something on my blog that I haven't done before: Blogmas. Essentially, this involved a Christmas-themed blog post EVERY DAY of advent. That's 25 festive posts! I have watched many Youtubers' 'Vlogmas' s over the last couple of years and thought it would be a fun thing to try.


I can already tell it's not going to be easy. I mean, right now I struggle to upload something once a week, or even once a month! But I think its really important to keep those creative juices flowing and so, no matter how short or poor-quality the posts are, I am committing to uploading every day for the next 3 and a half weeks... eek!



I'm actually really looking forward to writing so regularly, and I hope you can enjoy these wee extra posts in the fun way they are intended. This is something totally new to me, so we'll see how it goes. And I would love to ready any suggestions or comments below!

Christmas Wishes,
Catriona xx


No comments:

Post a Comment