Sunday 3 December 2017

My First Time Buying an Advent Calendar || Blogmas Day 2

Since I was young, my wonderful Auntie has always bought my sister and me a Fairtrade chocolate Advent Calendar to share. When I moved to uni, I wouldn't be at home for every day of December (in  my first year I was home from the 10th, and last year I was home for the first weekend, and then back again from the 17th), but my Mum made sure that my sister saved me a fair number of chocolates haha, bless her!

However, this year, I won't be home till the 20th December, so will almost entirely miss advent at home! It's a little sad, as I love to see the advent candle my mum buys every year burning a little more each evening, and all the other many traditions, but I decided that I had to make up for it by buying myself a whole chocolate advent calendar just for me!

Now, a whole overwhelming array of choices were open to me! Which to pick?! Haha, the idea to treat myself to one first occurred when I was in Tesco with my friend from home, at the start of
November. She works in an independent sweetie shop that last year totally sold out of advent calendars! We decided that the Lindt one, priced comparatively reasonably in Tesco at £5, may be the one I would have to go for!

But the Advent calendar saga continues.... (who knew I could write a whole post on this, congrats if you're still reading!) When U went back a couple of weeks later, they'd sold out of Lindt. So, in the end, I went for a £3 Thorntons one because I liked the picture!

And there we have it: it's Blogmas Day 2, I have now enjoyed 2 lovely chocolates, discovered the calendar also treats me to some very cheesy Christmas jokes, and been sent a heart-wrenching silly photo of my fam enjoying their own advent pressies!

What kind of Advent calendars are 'in' this year? I think maybe next year I'll branch out, away from chocolate. How about a book advent calendar?! (Oh wait, we'd be back to book reviews only again...)

Catriona x


2 comments:

  1. aww yay awesome post! and yeah i use to share an advent calendar with my sister, we had a clue for a prize in the house, which we had to share or we had a pound coin each (a pound coin was a big deal when I was 7) or a chocolate coin each, so yeah sharing advents is tricky but really fun, I have a lindt one this year!

    lots of love GeekyGirlOnline xxx
    geekygirlonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I wish I could go back to the day when a pound was like the biggest treat ever haha! Oooh hope you’re enjoying the Lindt one Xx

      Delete