Thursday 28 April 2016

Bath&Shower Goodies! (a.k.a. LUSH haul)

 
I recently learnt in an anthropology lecture that vloggers and bloggers who do 'hauls' are considered their own category of society labelled 'haul girls'. I had not realised this was a thing!! This post is totally different from anything I've ever done on here before but hey, since the rest of my blog is a mash-mash of ramble and opinions with no constant theme or organisation I figured I may as well dip my toe into the beauty blogging world. I mean, why not?

For my 18th birthday 2 of my very good friends, who also happen to be twins, bought me a gorgeous gift box of LUSH bath goodies. Prior to then, I don't think I'd ever even been in that shop, far less been obsessed...

Since then, I have spent a fair bit of money in there- but their selection is just incredible! It smells so good! Not too sure how I'll set this out yet, but let's just role with it.... at least half of the stuff is from Christmas (when I was supposed to write this post, but didn't) so hope you all get a nice festive feeling... in April! And yeah, I won't exactly be following a 'beauty blogger' style because, well I wouldn't know where to begin! Also haven't done a post with pictures in a while so I'm a bit rusty on layout... this could go interestingly....

Bath favourites

Bubble bars are my absolute favourite, more so than bath bombs because a) you can get at least 2 baths out of them instead of 1 and b) you have the satisfaction of feeling them dissolve between your fingers under the running water haha. I've tried all 4 currently stocked by the wee LUSH store in Aberdeen and here they are, ranked in order of my preference!

4)  Blue Skies

Blue skies is my least favourite, just because the smell wasn't as much to my taste as the others! It does however have quite a calming, relaxing scent suited to chilling you out, and it's pale blue colour isn't too harsh on the eyes after a stressful day!







3) Brightside

This fiery bubble bar is really great to use before you go out for the night/day, because I find it gives you loads of energy! It makes the bath bright orange (duh), smells like Fanta, and just generally puts a smile on your face. What more an you ask for?!









2) Ultraviolet



Best things about this beauty? It smells like parma-violets and makes the whole bath the best colour in the world. Enough said.














1) Comforter


My absolute favourite, this bubble bar was the first I ever tried as it was the one included in my birthday gift box. I can't even properly describe the scent in words, you'll just have to try it! I think it is officially a blackcurrent scent, but to me it just smells like home, happiness and relaxation! Amazing after a day working outdoors in the rain!










Despite my preference for the bubbles, I have tried a couple of LUSH bath bombs too:





'Sakura' is my Spring/Summer pick due to its light, fresh smell and pastel colouring!   












The 'Yoga Bomb' is awesome at any point throughout the year, but I will make it my Autism/Winter pick due to it's warm, homely scent and cinder-toffee outer colour (purple on the inside).











I'll just slip this wee Easter bath bomb in here too. It was the only LUSH Easter product I indulged in this year and smelled awesome! Like spring and happiness haha! There were a few to choose from, think this one was called 'Fluffy Egg'.














Shower favourites

Don't worry, this section will be significantly shorter as I have only tried two of LUSH's many body washes.

2) The Comforter Shower Cream






Bought this for uni because was gutted that I wouldn't have a bath and would therefore miss out on my favourite smell ever! It was very expensive, for body wash, but worth it for the scent! However, I have been disappointed with the runny consistency of the shower cream, which makes a mess and hardly makes it onto my body, and how you have to shake it or it separates in the bottle. Nothing against the scent but would like to see LUSH make a shower gel version, won't be buying again as a bit of a waste of money for me.




1) Snow Fairy Shower Gel


Technically, this should go in my Christmas section as it is a limited edition festive product, but I loved it so much it deserves a proper review. I was given this as a secret Santa gift from a uni friend and absolutely fell in love from the first whiff! Smells like candyfloss but also somehow like Christmas! And its all glittery and shimmery! Still got a wee drop left as left it at home as my holidays treat, but it better be back this Christmas!


Festive favourites

Between treating myself to a fair few items in a day of much festive excitement, and receiving even more (different ones!) as gifts, I collected so many Christmas LUSH products in the 2015 merry season that I literally used the last one at the weekend just past! For that reason I do not have time to comment on them all, but suffice to say they were all fabby! Here's some wee picks for you to enjoy...

Father Christmas Bath Bomb

Bar Humbug!





 

Secret Santa Gift Box





 


Snow Angel Bath Melt
 
(front and back)




Skincare Saviours
 
My last section I promise. I'm aware this blog post has become rather long (believe me, I've been working on it for 2 hours +) but wanted to end by letting you know about my favourite LUSH skincare products, even though they don't quite fit in with the post title. The staff in LUSH are so good about helping you find something you need, that it makes it feel worth the extra money. I use these products to supplement doctor prescribed skin products, having always suffered with acne and eczema.
 
 
'Pumice Power' Foot Scrub
 
 
 
 
 I've always suffered from awful dry skin on the soles of my feet, so I enquired in LUSH about a remedy and this is what they suggested. It's not perfect, but if you use roughly every second day it definitely makes a difference! I personally use it in the shower, and I can really feel the pumice working its wonders and excoriating my feet. Have even got my mum using these now!








'Let The Good Times Roll' Facial Cleanser



This face wash is made with real popcorn, causing it to both smell and feel amazing! It really excoriates your face without being overly harsh and helps get rid of dead cells on the surface! Would recommend using 3-4 times a week if possible.







Tea Tree Toner Water



LUSH stock lots of different toner waters which are kind to skin. I mostly just picked this one because I adore the smell of tea tree! You can use immediately after cleansing, or first thing in the morning, before bed and as many times as you feel like in between!! I tend to use 4-5 sprays in my (clean) hand, rub my hands together and then onto my face, but you could also apply using a cotton wool pad if you preferred.






'Enzymion' Facial Moisturiser


I apply this moisturiser immediately after my toner water every time, using the classic 5 spots and then blend technique. It contains lots of wonderful natural ingredients including avocado and Aloe Vera. I still use my doctor prescribed moisturising cream elsewhere on my body, but prefer this for my face because I only have to use a tiny amount and also its very light, meaning it is less likely to clog my pores.






'Don't Look At Me' Face Mask

What a colour!! LUSH do LOADS of different face masks, but my main aim was to find on which addressed acne scarring, hence my choice of one which includes lemon juice, known for its benefits in that area. Despite looking like a smurf, I really enjoyed using this product! The one negative thing I would say is that it has a relatively short shelf life (3-4 weeks) for the price, and I didn't manage to use all mine. However, if you make a point of using it every day you're not using your facial cleanser, it should get used up! Plus you get a free one when you return 5 LUSH pots!





Well... considering a year ago I hadn't even set foot in the shop, didn't use shower gel and wouldn't have considered myself a bath person, I quickly became addicted! I even tweet out my LUSH love from time to time (@catrionaa15). Must love it, as just spent over 2 hours on this post. Hope it was useful, and please let me know your LUSH favourites! Back to my normal posts now, enough of this beauty stuff for a wee while! Xx



 



No comments:

Post a Comment