Wednesday 12 March 2014

Busy busy bee...




So, I know its been almost 2 and a half weeks since I last posted but I have literally been non-stop busy!! Mostly with homework to be honest! But there has been some fun stuff going on too.. So this is really just going to be a catch-up post!
 
I've recently started driving which is pretty cool! I was soooo nervous when I went out for my first lesson but I've had 2 now and its not that bad!
 
I've also been enjoying lots of work as a waitress in the cafรฉ, I much prefer working with people than shut away in the B&B cleaning!
 
I went to see the X Factor Live Tour a week past Sunday which a great night! Some amazing talent!
 
Last Friday was my dad's work's Charity Dinner to raise funds for the Aberdeen International Youth Festival, which is a brilliant event which brings young people from around the world to Aberdeen in the summer to sing, dance, act and play music. I'm sure you'll hear loads more about it if I manage to keep blogging until then, but if you're into the arts and  fancy checking out their website then I'll pop the link below :) Anyway, not only was did I get to attend the event, but I also got to play at it as part of the North East Folk Collective! It was a truly great night.
 
Then, on Saturday, was the Aberdeen round of the UK Rock Challenge. If you haven't heard of it before, please check it out at the link below because it would probably take me a whole post to do it justice (which I may do after the finals, which my school qualified for!!). Basically, its and inter-schools performance/dance competition where each school portrays a message to music through dance in 8 minutes.... and it includes wacky themes, awesome hair and make up and wonderful costumes! This year our theme was Mario (as in SuperMario and MarioKart) and conveyed a themes of drug-awareness and appreciation of the one life we have. We came second and picked up loads of special awards and we're off to Dundee in June for the finals! I wasn't dancing this year, but I was involved as a member of the stage crew :)
 
I've also been in a really Spring mood! Haha, hence the bright colours and cute pics! The sun is finally showing an appearance, despite the cold, and I've got loads to look forward to coming up, so I'll try and find time to write about it all in more depth as opposed to a list!! Next wek at Brownies I've been put in charge of overseeing a craft and the leaders want and easter theme so I think I kight go with chicks, so we'll see how my in-no-way-art self copes with that! Please, if you fancy a chat or have any comments at all please get in touch :)
 
Catriona xxxx


AIYF: http://www.aiyf.org/
UK ROCK CHALLENGE: http://www.rockchallenge.co.uk/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment