Sunday 10 December 2017

Vlogmas || Blogmas Day 10

Today I'm having a study-from-home day, which usually goes one of two ways: very productive or utterly disastrous! I tend to work more efficiently in the library as my flat is too much of a distraction, but in April when I was studying for my Spring exams, I injured my knee and was on crutches, so had to get used to working from home. So, I've kind of had a bit of a balance this time round. Apart from the fact that my hands are so cold I can barely write, and that my flatmate and I took a break to go to Morrison's and buy food, it's going ok so far!

For about as long as I have been writing this blog (coming up for 4 years!), I have enjoyed dipping in and out of Youtube. There are very few channels that I watch every single video (basically just Carrie Hope Fletcher and her brother and sister-in-law's channels!), but I like to watch a few videos from a variety of popular, and less popular, Youtubers.

This time of year is great for content because lot of Youtubers do 'Vlogmas', which is really the inspiration behind my Blogmas, and involves them filming their day every day of advent and posting it on their channel in vlog form!

Usually I only manage to watch a few Vlogmas videos, and limit myself to indulging when my exams are over, but this year there are 3 channels that I've been following quite consistently for the last week, and have had their videos on in the background while I'm doing some less intense studying, blog writing, or getting ready. So, I thought I'd share those with you!


1) Giovanna Fletcher (Giovannasworld)

The aforementioned sister-in-law! I really like Giovanna. Arguably, her channel is more aimed at Mum's as it is often about family activities and what she's up to with her young children, but she's
 also an author, actress, Christmas lover and comes across as a really genuine and lovely person! Her family time vlogs really sum up the Christmas vibe and are very heart-warming!

2) Zoe Sugg a.k.a. Zoella (MoreZoella)

There's been LOTS of controversy around Zoella recently. I mean, when isn't there? If she's not being accused of selling a very overpriced advent calendar as part of her popular beauty range, people are digging up her old, offensive tweets. I'm NOT saying that there's not truth in these allegations, and I do not follow Zoe or her boyfriend Alfie Days channels consistently because I find parts of their lifestyle annoying and their videos a bit long for regular viewing, BUT I have really been enjoying her Vlogmas because she basically takes December off work and just fully embraces the festivities, and there's something about that which makes me, if a little jealous, very happy! Plus, again, she really does come across as a very sweet, if insanely rich, person.

3) Nadia Sawalha and Kaye Adams (Nadia & Kaye)

Finally, it's Nadia and Kaye off Loose Women! Loose Women is one of my major guilty pleasures. I don't think I've ever watched the entire show on TV, because I don't really watch much TV and definitely not during the day, but I love watching wee clips on Youtube coz I just find the panel so funny! I have quite a bit of this Vlogmas to catch up on actually, but discovering this year that this is something that these two do has been the best! They actually make me laugh out loud! They are just mum's around the same age as mine who remind me of the batty middle-aged maternal loveliness that I adore in my own mum and miss terribly! Their preparation for Christmas reminds me of being a kid at home again and yeah, a channel definitely worth checking out if you want a laugh!

Do you have any Vlogmas recommendations for me (maybe for when I actually have finished my exams!). Do you maybe vlog yourself? I have thought about trying out a Youtube channel a few times in an attempt to combat my nervousness of being recorded, so you never know, maybe one year I'll have a Vlogmas too!

Catriona x


No comments:

Post a Comment