Friday 28 March 2014

Full of the cold :(


As the title suggests I'm not in the best form today! This is the second time recently that I've had a pretty bad dose of the cold. I've been prone to getting the cold for a while now and I think it's partly due to the fact that I run my body down because I'm always so busy!

Taking care of ourselves is so important, especially when we have lots of stressful things going on in our lives, such as exams. Speaking of exams, I sat my Higher History extended essay on Wednesday which I think went quite well but I am so glad its over! It took a lot of revision and that really drains you. I followed it up with a particularly enjoyable end of year Senior Orchestra concert last night and I am now exhausted!

So I admit that I am very guilty of over-working myself and consequently making myself ill, which is why I won't make this too long so that I can head to bed at a decent hour for some well-needed rest!

I think my aim now is to try and keep myself up-beat! I'm feeling utterly miserable at the moment but the issue is that it is so easy to allow things like the cold to bring your whole mood down. What I need is to keep positive, and I'll hopefully recover soon!

I'd say that to anyone; l aim to keep yourself health. But, when you are ill, just try and not let it bring you down! Easier said than done I know!

On another note, I finished reading 'The Fault In Our Stars' over a week ago (Tuesday of last week) and still haven't done my well over-due review so I'll get on that asap. Please, if you're reading and you fancy making a wannabe writer who isn't feeling her best really satisfied, drop a comment in the box with a suggestion, an opinion or even just a hello! I had a friend tell me that they had read one of my blog posts and something I'd said was something they understood and could relate to and it was good to known that a) someone was reading! and b) the things I say mean something to more than just me.

I'll hopefully have some more time to post again soon. Meanwhile, I'll stock up on Lemsip and tissues while I let this wee horror run it course.

Catriona xx

No comments:

Post a Comment