Sunday 20 April 2014

Film Review: 'Frozen'


Ok, so I'm a tiny bit behind with this one I know, but I saw Frozen for the first time on Tuesday! Haha! After my experience of seeing 'Noah' on Monday (you can read my review on that film here), I
was suddenly reminded of how much I love going to the cinema. The Odeon at Braehead were showing Frozen on Tuesday morning as part of their 'Kids Club' for £2.50 per person so my sister and I joined all the toots and parents! We felt like really big kids!

I had heard so much about this film as many of my friends are fairly obsessed to put it mildly! I had even bought one of the songs 'Let it Go' before I even saw the film because I'd heard it and loved it. I've never been the kind of person who would choose a cartoon movie. I've seen plenty, especially as a kid, but I've always preferred 'real people'. However, sometimes (like when the last film you watched was pretty full-on) you need a bit of Disney princess cheer.

I began to write one of my typical 'brief summaries', but I'm finding it too hard without retelling the whole story so I would just say read this, and then go and watch it!

I was actually really surprised at how upset the first five minutes of the film made me. I think I was expecting utter cheesy and cheerfulness from the word go, but instead was faced with a whirlwind backstory of loss, heartbreak and shutting people out of your life.

 I thought that the soundtrack was brilliant! The songs were almost all good, and catchy!

I especially liked that, although many elements of the film followed the usual pattern, Disney had not attempted to avoid taking a more modern angle with 'Frozen', allowing for modern phrases etc. This was particularly good as it meant I could relate to it a little more!

I also loved that, instead of being completely focused on true love (although romance definitely played its part!), the key theme of 'Frozen' was one of sisterly love, well that's what I interpreted from it anyway. Having a sister made this something I could totally understand, and sitting watching it with my sister was nice too! I think it shows how young girls should prioritize!

Overall, I congratulate Disney on another successful, yet unique, creation and pitch it as a wonderful all-ages feel-good film. Let me know your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment