Monday 17 November 2014

The Liebster Award

Ok folks.. A couple of months ago I was nominated by the wonderful 'Don't Burst My bubble' (Check out her blog here) to do the Liebster Award. Not 100% sure what it is but it seems like a really cool way of appreciating each other's blogs so I thought I'd finally do it as an extra post this rainy Monday morning!


So here are the rules :

1.  Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented you with the award and link back to their blog
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 500 followers.
5.
 Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
 
 
Ok, 11 facts about myself....
 
1) My top talent is probably procrastination
2) I have lived in 6 different houses since I was born
3) When I was little I had a Peter Rabbit themed bedroom
4) As a kid, I has super straight hair and always wanted curly hair.. Now my hair's curly and I often straighten it!
5) My favourite season is winter, and I love the build up to Christmas equally as much/more than actual Christmas day
7) I am someone who adores re-watching films and re-reading books which is why I am never caught up on the latest books/films 
8) I have played violin for 10 years.. holy moly
9) I bought a guitar 4 months ago and am yet to play it..
10) I am a hopeless romantic for the most part and love cheesy musicals and rom-coms
11) My parents changed my name from Catrina to Catriona when I was little, have originally left out the 'o' because they thought it was too confusing and later changing their mind!
 
DontBurstMyBubble's Questions
 
  1. Where is the one place you want to go ? New York, at Christmas or New Year!
  2. How do you define love ? Feeling so happy around a person that they make you feel like yourself.. whether that's a relative, friend, or girlfriend/boyfriend!
  3. What's your favourite thing about blogging ? Being able to put into words little trains of thought in my mind and see them published as a proper piece of writing, sort of...
  4. What's your favourite shop ? Erm, I don't know! Waterstones, maybe! Or Primark!! Haha
  5. Who's your fictional crush and why ? Oooh good one! The first one I think of is Jam from Sophie McKenzie's 'Girl Missing' because he just seems like the ideal boy best friend turns boyfriend kinda guy...
  6. If you could be a Disney princess or prince who would it be ? Not being the most Disney-minded person this is hard, but I'd have to say that being Elsa from Frozen would be cool, but mostly because, in the end, she's accepted for being her. But I wouldn't want *SPOILER ALERT!!!!* my parents to die. That would be the most horrific thing ever.  
  7. What are three things you like about yourself ? I like my kindness, intelligence and creativity
  8. If you could have one magic power would it be ? Oooh another tough one! I'd love all the clichรฉ ones like being to fly.. or maybe being able to speak any language in the world without any effort would be good, if that counts?!
  9. Where are you happiest ? At home, in my living room with my family around me and horrible winter weather outside, watching TV or playing a board game
  10. What do you want to do with your life ? Have a successful career as a journalist/author and also meet a great guy and have a family
  11. What's your favourite quote ? It's a quote from a song, if that's ok? "I could have been someone, well so could anyone." from Fairytale of New York because it just reminds me that ifs and buts won't get me anywhere and if I want to be someone, I have to do something about it.


My Questions!

1) What's your favourite flavour of ice-cream?
2) If you could spend the day with anyone in the world, who would it be?
3) If you could only listen to one song for a month, what would it be and why?
4) Do you play any instrument(s). If so what?  
5) Team Edward or Team Jacob (or neither.. I may forgive you!)
6) Team Peeta or Team Gale? (or neither, I suppose!)
7) Guilty pleasure?
8) Favourite quotation from a book?
9) Chocolate or crisps?
10) Who is your idol/who inspires you?
11) Favourite place in the world?


My Nominations!

1) Lou's World

2) Holly Mae

3) Katie Cup of Tea

4) Books n Biscuits

5) Kim Jade Louise

6) EyeZedZedWhy

7) The Halfway Point

8) Teenage Londoner

9) Professional Daydreamer

10) The House of Rambles

11) imogengracee.



All of these are blogs that I like to follow/read or that I think have really good potential, so I hope you'll check them out!

I'll probably write some more really soon, especially if this awful weather keeps up! Please feel free to comment what you'd like me to talk about!

Catriona xxx









 
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me!
    Here is the link to the post: http://louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-liebster-award-part-2.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I really enjoyed reading your answers and that's dedication to do it twice haha! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for nominating me! I took a bit of a break from blogging but will definitely post this up in the New Year - you've inspired me to get back to doing what I really enjoyed, thank you x

    ReplyDelete