Monday 9 March 2015

Permanent Exhaustion...!

I can't believe it's been exactly a month since I last blogged. Well, actually I can believe it but it's not good enough! I've wanted to write so many times but it's been non-stop, and when it's not non-stop I'm wiped out because of how non-stop it really is... get me?

It's like, I NEVER have NOTHING to do. There is always always something.. any essay re-draft or first draft or plan, an exam or test to revise for, violin practice to do, a letter to reply to. Just to clarify, I'm not complaining at all. I'm genuinely not. I love being busy, and I love the fact that I have to opportunity to play music, and I have amazing friends who take the time to write me letters. But sometimes I just wish that when I come home in the evening and sit and watch the boxset of Friends  it didn't come with this constant guilt because it's not a productive a use of time as it could be, particularly when I have a million and one other things that need doing. The fact that I only have like 4 weeks left of school ever is scaring me in many ways. Firstly, it's scaring me because I love school and have spent the last 13 years of my life at school and where has that time gone?!? Secondly, its scaring me because I have some major decisions to make about what I do after I leave (i.e. what Uni I pick!) and that's not something I feel I have the time to face right now (Think I'll put up a separate post about this soon!). Lastly, it's scary because I have so much work to do and so many deadlines to meet in just 4 short weeks.

For the last two weekends I've been training to sit my lifeguarding qualification. It's fun, and I really want to pass, but it's really hard physical and mental work too!! Thing is, it has run for the last two Friday nights, all day Saturday and all day Sunday and when I get home in the evenings, I just don't have any energy left to do the homework  I need to.

This post isn't actually intended to make me out to be an ungrateful teenager who just complains! I'm so lucky to have so much going on for me, I really really truly am. But sometimes, just sometimes, wouldn't it be nice to have a day which is just cancelled and you can go back to bed?

Haha, I'm going to go and make an attempt at some of this work because, in the end, the best way to not stress out over how much I have to do is to get on and do some of it! Let m know in the comments if you ever go through periods of just permanent exhaustion- I bet I'm not alone! x

No comments:

Post a Comment