Tuesday 11 February 2014

Smile and the world will smile with you...



Well hello again. Now that my prelims are finally over I thought it was a good time for a new blog post.

I'm so relieved that exams are over, even though I know that they were just a practice and I'll have to do it all again in couple of months!!

Right now I'm in a particularly happy mood... which is just as well since I promised a more up beat blog this time! Results from my prelims are my one worry. I was over the moon to find out today that I managed to get an A in French, but I have no idea how the others went....!

But, other than that, life's going pretty well! This weekend was great, but really busy! It was so good not to be stressing over revision for a change. On Friday, I went to the cinema with my girls to see 'That Awkward Moment' starring Zac Effron.. I'll admit, the storyline was limited but the drooling was very much not! Haha! Then we had a lovely lunch at Frankie & Benny's which I hadn't been to in years and was very much impressed by.. Hard to beat a good BBQ Chicken Wrap and Fries!

Then, on Saturday, I went to work. For the past year and a half, I have worked as a cleaner in a B&B, the owners of which now also own and run a coffee house. I've washed dishes in the kitchen a few times but Saturday was my first shot at waitressing which was very fun though my feet were a little sore after a 9-5 shift!!

And, finally, on Sunday, I attended my first AYO (Orchestra) rehearsal which went surprisingly well considering that exam revision meant I'd hardly practiced!

I've also got a lot of great things coming up, such as a long weekend off school this weekend and hopefully a few driving lessons soon too!

So yeah, there's a big smile on my face at the moment. "We all smile in the same language".  A message to that effect was on a poster in my primary school and I've never forgotten it. Because its true, if a little cheesy. There are few barriers which a smile cannot break.

I was very happy to hear that Scotland finally passed the bill legalising same-sex marriage last week. It reminded me that life isn't easy for every group, and sometimes it takes a fight to be given rights but it's usually worth it. I suppose this train of thought all began a couple of weeks ago when I went to see the film 'Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom' with my family, a very hard-hitting and thought-provoking film dealing with just one fight fought in the world in pursuit of equal rights.

My point is, in appreciating what we have and smiling about it, in our kindness towards those around us, in our friendly attitude and our hatred of discrimination, we can make a difference. A smile resembles one person's positive attitude. And though no single smile will change the world, smiling really is infectious.



I'll leave you with that thought, once again I seem to have managed to turn my excitable mood into quite an intense blog! But at least this time it is a positive one! When you're feeling low. please remember than smiling's the very best medicine. I see it every week when I go to help at the local Brownies and I watch 30 little girls grinning at the tiniest thing.  As always, I'd love to hear from you, comment below or contact me using the details I've listed here. Remember you can now also follow my blog via Bloglovin'  and Google+




Until next time,

Catriona xx                    



No comments:

Post a Comment