Thursday 13 February 2014

The YouTube Craze



I love to write, and technology means that I can blog as opposed to diary keep. I have often used YouTube to watch music videos or videos that have been recommended to me by friends. But I'd never bothered 'subscribing' to channels or uploading my own videos.

In August last year, my friend showed me a YouTube video of Tom Fletcher from Mcfly singing his wedding speech. It was a lovely, cheesy, heart-warming, tear provoking speech made up of a medley of Mcfly classics with the words changed. If you haven't yet watched it, you really should click here asap (i.e. after you've finished reading my blog haha) and give it a watch! Especially if you're already a Mcfly fan (woo big cheer for all of us going to the McBusted tour 2014!!). After that I was intrigued by Tom's channel and watched a couple more videos.

Also last year, I heard for the first time about the young girl who starred on Britain's Got Talent when she was just a wee toot and has a sensational voice. Her name's Connie Talbot and her covers make me smile. I often listen to them when I'm down or during exam periods. I'll include a link below.

Anyway, at the begging of this year, I sort of 'rediscovered' my YouTube account and I'm now hooked on the videos of Tom Fletcher and particularly of his sister Carrie. Carrie is a west end actress and she's such a down to earth lovely person. If you fancy watching some of her videos, follow the link below, her YouTube name is ItsWayPastMyBedTime.

I have a lot of friends who are really in to following YouTubers, really famous YouTubers I mean. I haven't got into that yet at all, but maybe I will.

'Vlogging' is quite like blogging I reckon, but I feel that it possibly requires an even greater level of skill and confidence. I can't imagine me ever feeling like I could talk to a camera, knowing that there's potential for a lot of people to see it. I'd feel awkward, and I lack humour in the way I talk sometimes! But I guess its not too different to blogging.

I suppose the key is not to care what people think, just like how I keep writing her even though my views are minimal and my comments consistently 0. Its about getting practice at something you enjoy. Overall, I think YouTube is a wonderful hub where people can share their talents, experiences, most random moment of their lives...etc. etc....  My only issue now is not to get too addicted....

If you have anything you'd like to say about YouTube and Vlogging please get in touch, I'm always up for a chat! Alternatively, I'd love to change by running total of 0 comments so go ahead and let me know what you're thinking!

That's all for now... I'm off to watch some more YouTube!!

Catriona xx



Tom Fletcher(Mcfly) on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLsgDgYTlIDN3cCLSMpooNQ

Carrie Fletcher on YouTube:
 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNxkjmpQcTJDrabiyzHUw

Connie Talbot on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrIgjZHLv9la2iR357RuYuA




No comments:

Post a Comment