Friday 6 June 2014

My Stratford Experience

Before I sat my exams, I was determined to plan what I would do with the remainder of my study leave so that I wasn't sitting around doing nothing all of the time! So, I contacted my Auntie and Uncle in Derby and asked if I could spend a few days with them, which they were delighted about.

The extra special treat was that my Auntie decided to book a trip to Stratford for when I was there and me, being the English geek I am, was ridiculously excited by this!

The weather was (mostly) gorgeous for our trip. It rained on the evening we arrives, but it was fine as we ran to a Greek restaurant that my Aunt and Uncle knew of and had a delicious meal! I couldn't remember having been to an exclusively Greek restaurant before and the food was really lovely.

Then we went to the new refurbished Royal Shakespeare Theatre and saw King Henry IV Part 1. The theatre was quite cramped but the atmosphere was brilliant. Unfortunately, there was tecnhnical hitch after a couple of scenes so they had to stop for about 20 minutes and fix it but after that it was amazing.. The performances were outstanding and the sethe and costumes were so cool and dramatic!

The next day was glorious sunshine and we began by eating breakfast outdoors in an Italian cafe. We had beautiful bread and croissants and this awesome coffee and rich dark chocolate diy drink thing that wasn't mocha it was so much nicer! Then we drove to a small place called chottery and saw Ann hathaway's cottage, Shakespeare 's wife. The gardens were gloriously beautiful  too. 

Then we walked from chottery to Stratford and saw the church where Shakespeare and his family are buried nd other sites. A pub lunch and a walk back later and our couple of days in Stratford had come to an end.

Not only was straford amazing but my stay with my aunt and uncle was too. I also got to meet one of.my pen friends for the first time and that was pretty cool! It was a great way to celebrate the end of exams!

Catriona x 

No comments:

Post a Comment