Saturday 9 December 2017

Cosy Night In || Blogmas Day 8

After a long, pretty productive day in the library, I came home to make some dinner, finish off a final few tasks, and have a more chilled evening.

For me, routine is key to keeping stress levels low, and so, until maybe the day before my first exam, I quite like to get up early and out to the library, and then, when I've done as much as I'm going to manage for one day, I can head back to the flat and chill a bit. It means that I can sort of separate uni and home to a certain extent, and can look forward to giving my brain a break if I work hard during the day!

I especially enjoy my chilled time when it's actually chilled, because I've put in the work during the day, and this evening was one of those times. I never enjoy chilling much when I feel like I should be doing work or I'm severely behind. That's not to say I don't still chill when I have work to do, because you can't burn yourself out or you'll get nowhere, but yeah, there's definitely a different level of enjoyment out of well-deserved down time!

Found these in Morrison's and decided to give them a try this evening.
Not very impressed!
Kind of a mix between Smoky Bacon and Roast Chicken flavours.
Gave the rest of the bag to my flatmate - still to hear his verdict!
After a milder week, today has ben SO COLD!!! So, this evening, I made myself a cup of peppermint green tea, grabbed a couple of squares of dark chocolate, watched some Youtuber's Christmas vlogmasses (actually still got one on in the background just now), and then put on I'm A Celebrity, and did some more present wrapping (my work night out it is tomorrow and I had to sort out my Secret Santa!). Then I packed a few things in my case for when I go home next week and tidied my room, and now I'm tucked up under my duvet writing this!

It probably sounds like a really normal, boring night to most of you, but I haven't actually spent so many evenings in the flat as I have been recently, and it's been a really nice change. I really like having lots on and going out and being social, but yeah its nice to spend some chilly winter evenings snuggled up in bed.

What's your best routine? Are you an early bird like me or more of a night owl when it comes to revision/work? What makes an ideal night in for you?

Now it's time for me to upload this wee post, put away my phone and tablet and unplug from the world by reading a few pages of my book, before hopefully getting a great nights sleep. Just one week till freeedom! Very much ready for this semester to be over!

Catriona x


1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a lovely night! I am planning to have a copy movie night with my best friend tomorrow-as long as we both do a ton of coursework today then pizza and movies tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete