Thursday 3 July 2014

Roles of Responsibilty


"Working hard is important. But there's something that matters even more...believing in yourself." - Harry Potter



Badges
So today I was pretty chuffed to find out that I've been chosen as House Captain of my house at school for the next school year.

On the whole, I tend to thrive off of challenges like these, and I'm, really looking forward to getting into the role and hopefully bringing some of my qualities and ideas to it.

I've been taking on responsibilities for years, because I've always been more of a leader than a participant- I'm a wee bit too bossy and opinionated to always sit back!

I aim to do things to the best of my ability not because it'll look good on my CV, not because I enjoy being considered a smarty-pants or a goody-two-shoes, but because I almost feel as though, when given roles of responsibility, I'd be letting people down if I took it for granted, particularly myself.

For me, the one main focus is to not allow responsibility to become stress, because at that point it becomes unhealthy. Unfortunately, I'm not always the best at handling pressure, but I do put on a brave face that's convincing enough that people think that things are easier than they really are.

I've touched on a similar point before when I said that the reason I get sometimes get good grades is because I work hard for them. Well, the reason I can speak to groups is because I make myself do it, I'm no more comfortable initially than anyone else, but I challenge myself. The reason I can organize, is because I offer to do it, etc...

While I'm really pleased to have been given the Role of Responsibility I've wanted since about first year haha, I do, in this and my every endeavour, have to know when to say no to a request, when to take a step back and pass on the weight. I love it, that's why I do it, and I'm really glad that effort is recognised. Not everyone likes leading, but that doesn't make them unable to thrive off responsibility of some kind, and I reckon its a pretty crucial, and enjoyable skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment