Monday 11 December 2017

Out for Tea || Blogmas Day 11

Today was a really positive library day. Still a while to go till I'm 100% ready (well, a day, coz that's all I've got!) but feeling a bit better. And the day was made all the better by the fact that my flatmates and I had decided to go out for dinner together.

Since I finish exams earlier than them both, and a lot of people at my uni, I decided to make the most of the extra week of festivities (and get out of their hair!) and leave straight after my last exam, so we wouldn't all be here when we've all finished to go for a Christmas/end of semester meal, so instead we went this evening.

We booked a local restaurant that is run by the same company as many of the other restaurants in our town, one of which my flatmate works at, so we got 30% discount which was nice!

We decided to order cocktails. My flatmates had an Apple Bramble and a French Martini, and I had my favourite which is a Mojito, and decided to go for a raspberry one which was the best choice ever as it was made with actual raspberries and tasted absolutely delicious!


We opted against starters and went straight for main courses, which we all demolished we were so hungry! I had a steak and ale pie with chips and seasonal veg, while Theo had fish pie and Amy had mac 'n' cheese.

The food was delicious, and we even had (a tiny bit) of room for desert. I had a delicious white chocolate cheesecake with ice cream (or sorbet?) and honeycomb. Amy had the brownie, and Theo the sticky toffee pudding.

It was a really lovely evening, and a nice excuse to not cook! It felt lovely and festive in the restaurant, and cosy, and the staff were very friendly. We chatted about so may weird things and, just for a couple of hours, were able to forget about exams!

Catriona x

No comments:

Post a Comment