Wednesday 6 December 2017

The Bublé Buzz || Blogmas Day 5

So, this is admittedly going up a bit late, but we're gonna fiddle around with the scheduled time and make it all look legit so shhhh!

It's Tuesday, and I really haven't been feeling very well today. I wasn't originally going to talk about this in my post, because it's actually not a very big deal, but I've decided I am going to mention it and I'll tell you why in a second... Last winter I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and, although I am lucky that I don't have it to an extreme severity, and I am now able to manage it with peppermint oil capsules, occasionally, particularly when I'm stressed or have eaten something 'wrong', I get 'flare ups'. Without going into the details, these episodes can be really uncomfortable and include severe stomach cramping, anxiety and exhaustion. It occurred to me this evening that, despite the fact that it's very common particularly among young girls my age, people tend to avoid talking about IBS because there's a stigma around it, that it's disgusting or gross. And that really doesn't help when you're suffering. I know that I will probably feel much better in the morning, but yeah, just in general I think there should be less stigma around IBS and similar conditions.

Anyway, moving on!!! When I am feeling a bit stressed or rubbish, music always plays a big role in cheering me up. And so, since starting uni, I have definitely got earlier and earlier with listening to the Christmas music. This year it was the start of November when I cracked out, you guessed it, a bit of Bublé.

Now, none of Michael Buble's songs or covers would make it into my list of festive favourites, and yet there is something about his famous Christmas album which just captures the hearts of all, young and old.

I often see memes and jokes about how Michael Buble comes out of hibernation just for the festive season, or how he must live off the money he earns from just a few weeks a year and, while totally exaggerated, there's some truth in it! We all associate Buble with Christmas. Buble IS Christmas!

Are you a Michael Buble fan? Like me, who only listens to him over the Christmas period? Or one of the few real haters (what a grinch, eh?!)?

Let me know what your work/study playlist consists of on the run up to Christmas in the comments!

Catriona x


1 comment:

  1. aww I am sorry about your IBS hope your okay! and yes michael buble is awesome I tend to listen to magic XMAs radio station or the Christmasaurus soundtrack love it!

    lots of love
    GeekyGirlOnline
    geekygirlonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete