Thursday 14 December 2017

Days of Distractions || Blogmas Day 14

So, today was supposed to be a full day in the library. And to be fair, I have managed to get through everything I need to (eventually!), it just took waaaaay longer than it was supposed to. This has been a bit of a pattern this week, which is a bit annoying because I really want to do well in my exams. At least I'm now one down and just one to go. This time tomorrow I'll be free!

On Tuesday, I was supposed to be doing an interview for the student newspaper (conducting the interview, not being interviewed) at 10am, but the person I was interviewing didn't show so that was a wasted 40 minutes. So that took time reorganise and then I spent another hour + later in the afternoon attending the rescheduled interview.

Today, I had to go and pick up my glasses, which was fine, and get Euros for this weekend. Then I went to pick up my prescription from Boots and then met my friend for a cup of tea and a catch up (which was a very welcome distraction, and I'm not moaning about that bit whatsoever!)

However, when I got back to the library to finally settle down and get some work done, I decided to quickly check my prescription and found that they had given me a different brand of tablets to usual, and the new ones contain peanut oil! I am allergic to peanuts (which you would think either the doc tor or the chemist would have seen on my records), but the chemist can't replace them without doctors' instructions, and since I leave tomorrow I ad to spend a considerable amount of time on the phone trying to get that sorted out!

So, in the end, everything worked ok. But it has now been a very long day, and I don't have the luxury of an afternoon exam (and therefore time to look over stuff in the morning), so I think my best bet now is just to try and get some sleep and hope for the best in the morning!

Sorry this hasn't been very festive... but I'm so close to freedom I can taste it and it's great!

Catriona x


No comments:

Post a Comment