Friday 8 December 2017

Presents & Cards || Blogmas Day 7

I LOVE giving presents and writing cards at Christmas. Not just the choosing of the gifts, which is quite fun, but the wrapping up (as neatly as I can manage!) and getting out my fountain pen to handwrite one of the few letters I actually get to write!

I did a more detailed post about writing cards and Christmas shopping last year. This year, however, I won't be home until the 20th of December and a couple of weeks ago it suddenly hit me that I would either have to get myself organised, or face the mad last minute present rush on the few days leading up to Christmas! So, I did most of my Christmas shopping online and had it sent to home, as well as picking out my choice of wrapping paper, so it will all be ready for when I get home.

However, I have done a wee bit of wrapping and card writing recently, as I have a few gifts to give to people here at uni and friends I'll see before heading home.

I am so so happy with my choice of paper/present wrapping colour scheme this year! Every year, I try and coordinate it to make my presents look as nice as possible, and for the last few years it's been a silvery, modern, chic colour scheme. But this year I saw this 'luxury' paper half price in WH Smith and fell in love. It's a deep blue colour with glittery stars, and I'm teaming it up with gold ribbon and bows and gift bags. Aaaah I just think it looks so pretty and can't wait to wrap the rest of my gifts and give them to my friends!

The picture really doesn't do it justice and I love when I find a paper I adore because it hides my below-average wrapping skills! Maybe when I have done all my wrapping I will post another picture, perhaps on my instagram (@catrionaitken) or snapchat (@catrionaa15). What a way to slip my social media handels in there, eh?!

Anyway, I really do get a lot of joy from creating the perfect card or pretty present to give at Christmas, and it's a nice revision break to crack on those festive tunes and allow glitter to go everywhere (total nightmare, took ages to hoover up!). Spreading it out has actually worked well, as the magic lasts longer!

I notice as I continue to write these daily Blogmas posts late in the evening, that the language becomes much simpler and my eyes just want to drop closed as I stare at the screen. That'll teach me for not being organised enough to have them up ahead of time, but I suppose it gives you a little of an idea of what my December is really like at the minute!

Do you enjoy present wrapping, or is it more of a chore? Have you spotted any particularly nice wrapping paper designs this year?

Catriona x


No comments:

Post a Comment