Monday 4 December 2017

Tea glorious tea || Blogmas Day 3

A silly Snapchat selfie of me cosying up with a hot cuppa
in the mug one of my lovely blogger friends bought me!
Ok, so this was not what I originally planned to write about tonight, and isn't specifically festive, but as I headed down to the kitchen to make myself a nice cup of tea and ended up in a full blown conversation with my flatmate about our favourite teas, I decided that it would be the topic of today's Blogmas! (Edit: I've also just remembered that I did a tea inspired Blogmas post last year, called 'Always time for tea') If you don't drink tea, you may just wanna skip today's post because it will probably b a bit boring for you!

I'm the typical bookworm... I love to curl up in bed with a good book and a hot drink in one of my many mugs. I do, of course, like a typical breakfast tea, brewed quite strongly, with just milk (NO sugar, but if I have a sore throat a spoonsful of honey is allowable!). However, I also really enjoy green tea, and this evening I realised I have accumulated a fair collection of different green teas which I can choose from depending on my mood, so here are a few of my current favourites....
Image result for pukka matcha green tea



The Pukka Supreme Matcha Green tea is a classic fave... it doesn't have a particualrly distinctive taste, but is really yummy and gives me lots of energy in the morning. A little more on the expensive side so worth waiting till its on offer, but promotional packs donate to charity, and the handy individually enveloped bags are perfect for taking to the library where I can get free hot water in my keepcup!

Image result for Tetley super berry boost green teaStaying on the theme of morning wake ups, I have recently been loving the Tetley Super Green Tea Boost in the Berry Burst flavour. A few weeks ago I was told I'm a bit anaemic, so I have been doing everything I can to get my health and energy in check, and this tea with added B6 has been great! I don't really like fruit tea very much, so wasn't sure if I'd enjoy this but I really do! When I run out, I may try another flavour, but for now I'm very much enjoying this one (I also got a Boost Breakfast Tea, and Tetley do a number of different ones, with various added vitamins, which I personally think is a great way to get in those extra supplements you may be in need of over the winter without relying on remembering to take tablets!


Image result for twinings salted caramel green teaLast year, I heard someone speak about the Twinings Salted Caramel Green and decided to treat myself to some. I still have lots left and I think that's partly because I was spreading it out and then forgot about it (it isn't cheap either) and partly because it was slightly disappointing! It doesn't taste bad, in fact it's actually pretty nice, and better if you don't brew it for too little OR too long a time. However, it smells way better than it tastes!


Image result for morrisons mint green teaFinally... Since last year, I have occasionally drank peppermint tea to soothe me and to help stomach cramp. Then the other week I was in Starbucks and really fancied a green tea, but they only had their mint green tea and I thought, why not? It was delicious and I went back for another the next day (It was Starbuck's own Teavana Mint Green Tea. However, I don't tend to pay for tea in coffee shops as a rule, as it's so cheap to do my own at home, so when shopping in Morrisons I picked up their Hint of Mint Green Tea, and that has been doing the trick! A really nice change which I particularly enjoy a mug of in the evenings.


I do also have some loose leaf Jasmine and Rose Petal green tea that my mum gave me last year, but I have only tried it once so far and I have no idea where it's from! I think I probably need to finish up the ones I have for now, but I want to try some different green teas in the future so let meknow if you have any faves! Any particularly Christmassy ones out there?

Now, go make yourself a cuppa and settle down to enjoy your Sunday evening- I know I will!

Catriona x



2 comments:

  1. yay for tea! green tea is weird tho i love berry flavoured teas have you tried them?

    lots of love GeekyGirlOnline
    geekygirlonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the biggest fan of fruit teas, which is why I opt for the berry green tea, but maybe I will branch out and give it another go! :)

      Delete