Wednesday 14 December 2016

Missing Dad's birthday (and my sanity) || Blogmas Day 14

First of all, a big Happy Blogmas Birthday to my Dad! I won't say how old he is... but old enough!

It's kind of weird not being able to wish him Happy Birthday in person, and see him open his pressie. This time last year, I was done with exams and at home.

When we were younger, we felt bad for Dad, having a birthday overshadowed by Christmas preparations, so Mum never let us put up the tree until after, and I always used to give Dad the chocolate out of my advent calendar on his birthday. But Dad has never himself been all that bothered I don't think. And I'm pretty sure he's going to be away when it's my birthday, so all is ok haha! We actually went out for dinner to celebrate when I was home a couple of weeks ago, and I bought him a present and card and left them in the (hopefully capable) hands of my wee sister, so hopefully he'll like them. Gutted to be missing cake though!


I was a bit of a Daddy's girl as a kid, and it was cute looking back at old pictures of us together earlier this year, for a MoonPig Fathers' Day card. So I thought I'd share the wee collage here too. Wasn't I adorable? Haha.

Exams are almost over! I have my last one tomorrow. Both my flatmates (and the majority of my friends) are now totally done, which is making me slightly jealous, but I just need to find the motivation to keep going for another 24 hours and then it will all be over!

I'm procrastinating writing this, so I think I'm going to have to cut it here. But as of tomorrow I'm a freeeee elf! Roll on tomorrow night!



Back to my stack of literature for now. When I get home on Saturday, I'm going into full Chrimbo mode! (move over, birthday boy, it's Jesus' turn)




No comments:

Post a Comment