Friday 16 December 2016

Celebration time! || Blogmas Day 15

Wooooooo! Exams are over!

It's been a very long day. I was up really early, showered, dressed, bag packed and out the door, and sat in the union cafรฉ with porridge, tea and plenty revision materials by 08:45.

I worked really hard for a few hours, trying my best to make best use of the remaining time, learning quotes and making sure I knew lots about all my novels. Then, at 2pm, it was time for my third and final exam, this one being in Comparative Literature.

I think it went well, although I'm rubbish at time keeping so I'm always rushing at the end with lots still to write! But hey, to be honest I'm just super relieved to be finished. I still don't think it's fully set in that I'm free for Christmas now!


Anyway, the exam ended at 4 so my flatmate (who's been finished exams for nearly a week now!) and I decided to go out for dinner to celebrate. I was so happy because I got exactly what I had been craving while I was feeling really ill over revision: mussels and chips, and a couple of cocktails! I know, I have strange taste, but it hit the spot haha! The restaurant was really nice too, I had only been
there for drinks and ceilidhs before, but the food was great. The place was festive, but not over the top in terms of decoration, and the staff were really friendly too. That just added to my enjoyment of the whole evening.

It's just been a really nice, guilt free night. I'm exhausted now though, the stress of exams has drained me haha! Feel like I could sleep for a week, but got an early start tomorrow for a doctors appointment unfortunately so better get to bed soon. Or maybe I'll watch some Netflix first, I mean, what's stopping me now?! ...


No comments:

Post a Comment