Wednesday 7 December 2016

We have a tree! || Blogmas Day 7

Today I got home from work at about half past 2, happy but tired. I started work at 7:45am and so needed to leave the house about 7:10am, which was fine. I had 2 alarms set, but for some reason I spent the entire night waking up approximately once an hour. And, if that wasn't bad enough, each time I woke up I was in a total panic that I had slept through my alarm and had to anxiously check my phone to calm myself down, before attempting to get back to sleep until my next wave of anxiety hit! I don't know what I was dreaming about, but whatever it was clearly wasn't very soothing!

So as I was walked home in the rain, I was expecting to arrive back to a cold, dark, quiet house and an impending guilt to do revision.

However, as I opened the front door, I was greeted by jolly Christmas tunes and the sight of my flatmate, who had almost finished decorating a six foot Christmas tree in our living room with 100 miniature baubles, tinsel and fairy lights, as well as sparkly tinsel around our cabinets and banister.

It was so sweet, and just made the house feel far more homely, and put a smile on a tired face.

The tree is currently star-less (I have ordered a glittery gold one to arrive tomorrow, and I also added several more baubles after taking the pictures), but I think it still looks pretty special.

My family will be putting up our tree at home this weekend, while I'm still at uni studying for exams, so it was just really nice to have that hour or so joking with my flatmate and embracing the festive cheer.

It's been a long day, but I'm off to bed feeling quite happy, and ready to kick ass at revising tomorrow! Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment