Monday 19 December 2016

Party Season! || Blogmas Day 18

Last night was our work night out. I'll be honest, as I was getting ready, I couldn't really be bothered going out. I think the lack of sleep over the exam period (and entire semester to be honest) caught up with me a bit, and I was just in the mood to have a bath, get into my PJs, watch a film and eat pizza!

A wee snap of my sister and I before heading out
But, I got myself ready (with a last minute change of dress because I somehow managed to get some kind of mark on the first one, which then lead to a whole change in jewellery etc.!) and actually had a great time.

The food was nice... I was starving, and kind of wished I'd ordered a starter, but oh well! I had a delicious main: cod with cockles and kale mash, kale and carrots. It was fab.

There was a bit of a hiccup when it came to dessert. My friend and I had both ordered lemon parfait because it was the only nut-free option on the menu, and we are both allergic. But when it arrived, it
had nuts sprinkled on top! The staff were good about it, and quickly made us up new ones, but we thought it quite bad that it hadn't been listed on the menu, and that there was in fact no nut-free option! The dessert ended up being very rich, but lovely all the same.

It was nice to have a few drinks, and the evening took rather a silly turn, with people engaging in some sort of arm wrestle tournament at one point, haha!

We then moved onto the pub, and I tried a lovely peach beer I hadn't had before.

Most of the people I knew well had headed home, so I skipped on the night club (it was absolutely pouring outside too, so I took a lift home when I could), but we stayed at the pub until it shut, and that was plenty time to chat to everyone and wish everyone a wonderful Christmas.

Just scrolling through Facebook and Instagram, it is definitely the season for work dos at the moment! Restaurants and bars are always packed with parties on the run up to Christmas.

If you're off out with colleagues this week, I hope you have a lovely time!

Catriona xx


No comments:

Post a Comment