Friday 9 December 2016

Winter Weather || Blogmas Day 9

It's quite late, I'm not long home from work and I have to be up very early to start work again in the morning, and I'm hoping to goodness I haven't already bored everyone with the 'imaginative' title. Yes, I have turned into an old Granny and decided to talk about the weather, my life is just THAT interesting!

To be fair, however, weather plays a huge role in how we define seasons: the sunshine & showers combo of spring, the early sunrises and warm summer days, the crunchy leaves and blowing gales of Autumn, and the wild and frosty, dark winter.

Having (now) spent more of my life in Scotland than anywhere else, I'm fairly used to rotten weather. Wind and rain doesn't shock me. In fact, part of me quite likes it. However, in winter, when it's dark when you wake up and you can hear the shrieking wind or pounding rain, it can be difficult to get yourself up and out and make the most of the day. Winter weather can make us feel like hibernating, with Christmas films and hot drinks, and never leaving the comfort of our houses.

But who else quite likes being outdoors in nasty weather, frozen and miserable, and then coming inside to a warm house and comfy sofa or bed? Yeah, there's something pretty special about that feeling.

A blurry winter pic of my sister and I (I think in 2010?)

What I really miss is snow. I've loved the few years when we have had snow, and I mean PROPER snow. 2010 was one of those years, and it was fab... Loads of time off school, sledging, a snowman. Yes, I'm a big kid who wants the magical whiteness to Christmas-fy everything haha. It's not fair, there's snow in all the films! Stupid global warming. Still, there's time left, we might get a white Christmas yet!

Right, I think my rather horrific stint at weather girl is over, because I need some sleep. I apologies that this was a bit of a damp and dreach post (see what I did there!) but I'm an emotional soul who is moved by the weather, so there you go!

And also, "Iiiii'm dreeaming of a whiiiiite Christmaaas, just like the ones I used to know...."


No comments:

Post a Comment