Saturday 10 December 2016

1 week left! || Blogmas Day 10

Despite the fact that this is Blogmas, I haven't become dreadfully confused as a result of mind-boggling revision... well I have, but it hasn't caused me to miscount the weeks until Christmas. I'm well aware we still have a fortnight to go.

What my title alludes to is when Christmas start for me. Home time!! I love uni, I really do, but at the end of any term (school, college, uni, etc.), when you can see the finish line, certain feeling occur.

You're permanently exhausted. You feel guilty for not doing enough work, but have probably spent so long reading your notes that you're bored of all your modules. You're sick of cooking and cleaning. You're skint. If you're anything like me, you're probably run down with the cold or just not feelings 100% as a result of the stress. Most of all, you're homesick.

This probably seems like a total rant, and I'm sorry if it comes across that way. Not very festive, right? Wrong. I use everything in my power to keep myself and my friends as positive as possible, to put three wee exams into proportion in the grand scheme of things and try and actually enjoy my studies. And it's working, I'm feeling pretty happy overall.

But, as I talked about in Blogmas Day 5, being a student in December can't come across as constantly festive. I promise I have fun festive posts planned. But anyone reading this will just have to wait as long as me. 1 weeks left!

So I shall keep playing my Christmas tunes and snacking on my mince pies, enjoying the Christmas lights and the cosiness of my house after winter walks home. And I will work very very hard for another few days, so that I can know that, whatever happens, I gave these exams my all. And I will look forward to the reward, to seeing my family and chilling out. Just 1 week left. That's nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment