Tuesday 13 December 2016

Always time for tea || Blogmas Day 13

Earlier this year, I wrote a blog post called 'Wee Gems', about those few special people who you meet, and just feel like they are genuinely good and nice, right to the core.

I am lucky enough to have a friend like that, and today we finally got a couple of hours to catch up over a cup of tea.

It was the perfect revision break, just enjoying each others company. It's so lovely to have people I can say anything to, and it isn't dwelt upon, but definitely listened to. Not necessarily best friends who know all about you and your past and your dreams, and are there all the time going through life with you. They're important too, very important. But I know I'm definitely the type of person who loves to make friends with lots of different people, from different groups, different backgrounds, and different walks of life. When I'm lucky enough to keep up a friendship with someone I met like that, however rarely we meet up or however fleeting our initial communication/meeting was, I know it's truly two way, and will hopefully last!

It's nice to be there for their hardships, and share in their happiness. And the best bit is being able to not see each other for ages, and yet pick right back where you left off. This afternoon was one of those times!

I will always appreciate a good friend, a good chinwag, and a good cup of tea! So, considering I'm still not feeling 100%, I appreciated her visit.

It made me reflect on how lucky I am friend-wise. I have great flatmates, and friends both here and at home. Granted, I do my very best to make a lot of effort to keep up these friendships, but so do they, and that means a lot.

I'm going to wrap it up before this gets (any more) soppy, but I'd love to hear about the people and moments you value in your life.

And, remember, when you're tired or weary, or have lots to be doing, there's always time for tea!





No comments:

Post a Comment