Saturday 24 December 2016

Festive Pampering || Blogmas Day 23

I'm not usually one for pampering, not really. Never been much of a girly girl. But I think everyone likes to make themselves feel good, and to treat themselves after exams! Especially since its Christmas (that wonderful excuse for everything!)

This week, I've done that in 2 ways. First up, nails! Back in June 2015, I had my nails done with Gelish polish at a local salon for my prom night. I loved having them done, especially since I'm rubbish at nail painting, and nail polish never seems to stay on me very long either.

I loved them so much that, before starting Freshers' Week of my first ever term at uni, I decided to get them done again. I wasn't as taken with them the second time, so didn't go back for a while.

However, a few weeks ago, while I was studying, I noticed that my nails were growing nicely, so I thought I'd treat myself to an appointment in time for Christmas and my holidays.

Of course, typically, my nails all broke before the appointment came around. Actually, my nails can never be very long because a) they are weak and break (possibly a result of my childhood bad habit of biting them!), b) I have eczema and wreck my skin at night if my nails are too long, and c) I play violin and can't have my nails too long for that! But the ladies are always really good, they make your nails look neat and lovely no matter the length!

I was torn between a few red and blue shades, something festive! I settled on a glittery red, and it's so Christmassy! I hope they last at least a couple of weeks, that'd be good!

As those of you who read my LUSH haul post earlier this year will know, I'm a wee bot LUSH obsessed. last year, I went a bit mental with the Christmas range and bought/ was gifted almost every product! This year, I decided to restrict myself to 1 festive bath product, plus some more Snow Fairy shower gel (because it's just the best!).

I originally opted for 'The Magic of Christmas' bubble bar wand, because it is packed full of festive spices and scents, and also lasts several baths. However, I realised that I couldn't actually use it because one of its key ingredients is almond oil (bah humbug to nut allergies!). So, instead, I bought the 'Star Dust' bath bomb and had a wonderfully festive bath.

The Bath bomb itself is white on the outside, and smells faintly of coconut, but when it dissolves it leaves you with a lovely light blue bath that's full of multi-coloured, glittery stars!! I also added a small amount of Snow Fairy under the running tap so that I had bubbles in my bath! And the best part? Star Dust bath bomb is only £2.95!

Taking care of me makes me feel happy, and very festive! What do you like to do to get ready for the holidays? Especially let me know what goes into your favourite festive bath!




No comments:

Post a Comment